What would you do if your musical
equipment was lost or stolen?

Could you afford to pay out thousands of pounds if
someone tripped over your speaker stand or lightstand
at a gig and broke their leg?

Cover yourself for these eventualities by taking out insurance. You'll be surprised at how inexpensive it is - for the price of a couple of gigs you could insure all your sound equipment and be safe in the knowledge that if your gear is stolen, you can walk in to your local music shop and replace it.

Don't rely on the venues insurance to pay out if someone trips over a mic cable or a speaker lead...it's YOUR equipment that caused the accident and YOU'RE responsible!

For less than the price of a gig, you can cover yourself for Public Liability for a whole year.

There are many specialist insurance providers providing flexible cover for singers, musicians and their equipment. There isn't a particular one we recommend as all policies are different so you should get one that suits your particular needs. However our advice is to look for a policy that includes at least £1 million of public liability cover and at least £10,000 personal accident cover, and make sure this cover applies regardless of whether you're a professional or an amateur. Another important thing to check is that the insurance company is GISC regulated.

You can usually get an instant quote and cover online and download the policy details immediately.

So, don't wait for accidents to happen - get Googling now!